What This Position is All About
Building Operator for a large retail and office facility with numerous retrofits, upgrades and additions. Position reports to the Lead Building Engineer. Duties will include, troubleshooting, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, regular inspections and ensuring the smooth operation of the heating and cooling systems. The Building Operator has overall responsibility for maintaining and servicing work and general facilities care. This role is critical to insuring uninterrupted service of all operations and in maintaining a safe, comfortable working environment for all employees.
- Has an eye for detail, often goes above and beyond your goals to meet and exceed deadlines. A top performer who influences other team members and welcomes & overcomes challenging situations
- Puts the needs of internal and external customers first and acts with customers in mind. Great networking and relationship management with a variety of internal customers as well as external customers
- Sets and communicates a clear vision. Drives positive outcomes through objectives and measures
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 -5 years Building Operation or Stationary Engineer experience in a retail environment with exposure to steam and/or Boilers/Chillers, proficiency with BAS and automated systems, familiarity with different HVAC systems includes replacement, repair/adjustments to motors, belts, pumps, bearings
- PC literate, demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office
- High level of knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, building codes and regulations for public buildings
- Knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice
- Ability to respond to occupants concerns and resolve
- Knowledge of traditional building systems and their interrelatedness
- This position requires shift work, including evenings and weekends
As The Building Operator, You Will:
- Provide routine and preventative maintenance repairs on building systems including HVAC, plumbing and electrical. Monitoring, inspecting and testing of systems. Performing building and equipment checks and keeping maintenance records.
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out while responding to emergencies liaising with contractors and trades.
- Identifies equipment replacement and preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Legislation and Standards.
- Manage the daily operations with a strong commitment to customer service
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.