Manager, Asset Protection (Hudson's Bay)
Location REGINA, Saskatchewan, Canada
Job Opened January 4th, 2021
Education High School Diploma/GED
Job Number 200003CV
Job Type Full-Time
What This Position is All About
The Asset Protection Manager is responsible for the overall inventory shortage performance and total execution of the Asset Protection Strategy for their respective store. This role will ensure that all company policies, local, provincial and federal laws are adhered to in the execution of internal and external theft investigations or inquiries. You will be working collaboratively with Customer and Associate groups within the store to ensure all objectives are clearly communicated and executed
Who You Are:
- Someone who naturally builds morals and spirits in the tea
- Focused on motivating, setting priorities and bringing out the best in people
- Thrives in a fast past environment and ability to implement balance at work
- You are comfortable with physical work where standing and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may be required
- Your schedule is flexible enough that you are comfortable with working on evenings and/or weekends when needed
You also have:
- High School diploma or equivalency required along with a valid provincial security license
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years of retail Asset Protection Experience with 2+ years of managing direct reports
- Proven track record of identifying shortage exposures and creative strategies to overcome them
- Track record of meeting statistical and financial goals
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws
- Strong aptitude and knowledge of retail security systems, information systems and productivity software
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification ideal
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to drive Asset Protection Excellence through comprehensive shortage strategies and investigative initiatives
- Consistently communicate with Store Leadership, Managers and Associates to drive awareness of inventory shortage results, shortage concerns and strategy initiatives
- Provide final oversight of audit execution and internal audit readiness
- Work with sales support to assure shortage control processes are followed
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures to store population
- Ensure Asset Protection Administrative standards are met
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.