General Manager (Hudson's Bay)
What This Position is All About
The General Manager is a business leader who is profit minded, and able to execute the HBC strategy through effective management of people and process. Dynamic leadership abilities, combined with exceptional communication, analytical, and in-store marketing skills are essential to success in this role
Who You Are:
- You lead by example by driving positive outcomes and elevating the performance of others
- Creates a sense of community in the team and gains trust quickly by building strong relationships
- Inspires others with their vision and sense of purpose
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 7+ years of retail management experience and profit & loss responsibility
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to diffuse challenging situations
- Develop short and long term action plans that address opportunities and positively impact the business
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports
- Review, understand and take action regarding sales and productivity results on a weekly and monthly basis
- Build a succession plan by identifying internal talent within the executive and associate groups, and make it a priority to make them successful
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount