QA Tester (4338)
QA Tester ll is responsible for testing products to reveal quality and risk related information with the intent of informing a decision.
What you will do:
● Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
● Evaluate, explore and model the product and features.
● Create product coverage outlines mind maps of what is to be tested.
● Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
● Collaborate with developers/business analysts to design tests.
● Generate test ideas and heuristics.
● Create test charters and checks.
● Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
● Adhere to HBCs's SOPs and Agile practices.
● Execute test charters within sessions
● Analyze results of test sessions.
● Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
● Apply basic problem solving skills.
● Collaborate with cross functional team(s) and stakeholders.
● Make continuous self-education a priority.
● Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
Educational and Professional Requirements
● Ability to understand and execute Context Driven and Session Based testing with minimal supervision
● Ability to test using Rapid Software Testing practices and principles with minimal supervision
● Ability to understand and apply practices to increase test effectiveness with supervision
● Ability to proactively learn and apply test design principles, with supervision
● Ability to understand platform/product/project test strategies and priorities
● Ability to understand the risks of code changes, based on the impact assessment
● Ability to create tests from stories/requirements, with supervision
● Ability to execute tests and record test results
● Ability to focus on a task and follow it through to completion
● Ability to communicate own ideas clearly within your own team
● Ability to investigate issues, with some supervision
● Ability to collaborate with others in a positive and respectful manner
● Ability to articulate technical issues
● Possess problem solving abilities
● Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate issues
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field of study
● Minimum 2 years experience of cumulative manual and/or automation testing and analyzing business requirements
● Minimum 2 years experience with web-based applications and e-commerce sites
● Retail industry experience is an asset
● Understanding of cloud application architecture and concepts
● POS, OMS, HR/Merch/financial systems, Sales AuditApplication, Digital and Mobile, SFCC, POS/Digital E2E systems, ETL
● Years of experience 2-4 yrs
● Experience with preferred - JIRA, Confluence