Associate Lead (Hudson's Bay)
Location RICHMOND, British Columbia, Canada
Job Opened May 30th, 2021
Education High School Diploma/GED
Job Number 210002KD
Job Type Full-Time
The role of an Associate Lead will have an integral part of the overall customer experience strategy by supporting the selling and service operations within Hudson’s Bay. As an Associate Lead you will manage the department and store performance through direct development of associates with consistent coaching and mentoring for optimal sales results.
As an Associate Lead you will partner with the Manager and have ownership for a function or department and will assist in providing enhanced leadership presence and improve store accountability.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with our customers, providing an exceptional shopping experience which includes; greeting customers, offering assistance, directing customers to merchandise, sharing product suggestions and additional product information by offering alternative options.
- Lead a merchandise department within the store by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and customer service
- Provide coaching and training to associates on the team and throughout the store as needed
- Execute activities related to store initiatives to offer customers additional products and services related to merchandise category mix
- Support in proper zoning and scheduling of associates within the department and make adjustments as required based on changing priorities
- Empower associates to provide solutions for customer inquiries escalating when necessary
- Execute on all corporate policies and procedures including Occupational Health and Safety and Loss Prevention
- A customer champion. Consistently delivers a high standard of customer service and can be relied upon to put the customer first. Constantly seeks new opportunities to build and improve relationships and understand customer needs. Proactively solicits feedback from customers to determine solutions. Inspires others to serve customers in creative ways. Builds exceptional customer relationships.
- Relied upon by peers and teams as a role model for this trait. Has a clear view of how the different abilities, background and cultures of team members work together. Takes an active interest in coaching and mentoring others.
- Fosters a performance culture with those they collaborate with to deliver positive outcomes across the organization.
- Previous leadership experience in managing selling teams within a multi-channel customer contact center
- Demonstrated experience in motivating and developing a high performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective presentation skills.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- A self motivated leader who takes initiative to support customer and associate experience
- Showcase development and ongoing interest in pursuing a management / leadership position with the organization
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An attractive employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.