Hudson's Bay Foundation - Specialist
What This Position is All About:
The Hudson's Bay Foundation Specialist for the Hudson’s Bay Foundation reports into the Hudson’s Bay Foundation Director. In 2021, Hudson’s Bay Foundation launched Hudson’s Bay Charter for Change, a 10-year, $30M commitment to address and accelerate racial equity across Canada by investing in education, employment and empowerment opportunities for Indigenous Peoples, Black People and People of Colour. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping and executing this new strategic direction for the Foundation.
Who You Are:
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented and can prioritize and multitask
- You learn systems, processes, and procedures quickly
- You are resourceful and hold strong problem-solving capabilities
- You possess a positive, solution-oriented and customer-focused attitude
- You handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a passion for community impact, philanthropy and engaging audiences in a shared vision for racial equity
You Also Have:
- 3-5 years of non-profit, and/or communications experience and a related degree
- Previous fundraising and events experience a strong asset
- Proactive thinker that can generate, initiate and communicate ideas in a positive manner
- Proven ability to manage competing projects and prioritize accordingly
- Innovative self-starter with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing budgets and finances
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to meet tight timelines while ensuring accuracy.
- Strong collaborator and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work successfully with various organizational levels, whether that is with colleagues, senior executives, customers or partners
- Marketing experience an asset
- Network with Indigenous, Black and People of Colour led non-profit organizations and understanding of non-profit landscape an asset
As The Communication Specialist – Hudson’s Bay Foundation, You Will:
- Support Director of Hudson’s Bay Foundation with the development and implementation of annual fundraising strategy
- Support in the planning and execution of Foundation online, in-store and off-site fundraising initiatives including events, point of sale fundraising, promotional giving events and the development and implementation of fundraising products
- External fundraising events can include managing all communications and technology elements (sponsorship decks, internal communications, external emails, design and create event website, speaking notes, create all event signage, etc.) as well as silent auctions (source products through vendor requests, catalogue incoming products, manage contact with electronic bidding software provide & update software accordingly, manage execution and payment processing)
- Partner with store teams on in-store fundraising initiatives including setting targets, determining incentives and communicating with associates
- Provide front-line customer service to stores and other associates in relation to HBC Foundation programming (ex. Giving Day)
- Partner with Hudson’s Bay marketing team including brand, integrated marketing, in-store marketing, social, PR and creative to secure marketing support on Foundation initiatives including drafting creative briefs, reviewing assets and obtaining partner approval
- Review all external HBC Foundation marketing and web collateral to ensure accurate and consistent messaging
- Plan and manage internal communications as it relates to Foundation programs through all related vehicles (The Hub, Task Calendar)
- Liaise with the Internal Communications team to meet communication deadlines, idea share, etc.
- Develop detailed store communication plans as it relates to HBC Foundation programming
- Track and maintain Foundation financial records including revenue, expenses and disbursements
- Process invoices
- Manage charitable grants and fundraising income including processing and tracking invoices, updating total giving tracker and updating financials for quarterly board meetings
- Liaise with Foundation charitable partners including regular meetings, impact reports and provide Foundation assets as required
- Track and manage charitable partner deliverables
- Work closely with HR on associate engagement as it pertains to the Foundation (volunteering, associate fundraising, charitable partner speaker sessions etc)
- Source, plan and execute internal engagement events (guest speakers, training courses, etc.)
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities for Hudson's Bay employees with charitable partners
- Identify charity partner events and fundraisers for employee engagement (ie: walks, etc.)
- Research and recommend new ways to engage corporate, store and DC Associates with HBC Foundation mission and corporate mandate
- Contribute to annual CSR report
- Track results against Foundation long term KPIs
- Coordinate quarterly Foundation Board meetings including scheduling, drafting agenda and preparing presentations
- Attend weekly meetings with Foundation agency
- Manage Foundation calendar
- Manage executive attendees for external or partner events including invitations and briefs
- Manage any supplier relationships
- Manage Foundation inbox with external responses; recommendations of support or declinations of charitable requests; processing and tracking donations, etc.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.