What This Position is All About:
Customs Analyst’s major responsibility is to review imports shipping documents for accuracy and proactively follow up with the vendor, merchant team and HBC customs broker, in order to make sure the imports shipments are released on time. This position will be reporting to the Customs Manager.
Who You Are:
- Results oriented and has the ability to generate a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas
- Someone who has strong communication skills and the ability to set and communicate a clear vision
- An individual who has strong time management skills and organizational skills who can get things done without disruption
- Independent worker who takes ownership of projects at hand but also someone that can work well and achieve goals in a team environment
You Also Have:
- College or University graduation
- 3+ years’ experience in imports
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in Retail will be a plus
- Good computer skills especially in Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understand HBC CMS Retek, WMOS and Imports Accounting systems will be a plus
- Strong communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under deadline pressure
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to learn new tasks quickly
- Positive Attitude, flexible and team player
As The Analyst, Customs, You Will:
- Review imports shipping documentation against purchase order & shipment record in Imports system
- Work with vendors to collect missing documents or information
- Interact with HBC Merchant team and HBC’s Customs broker to resolve any issues/ discrepancies
- Follow up with HBC’s Customs broker to make sure the shipments are released on time
- Data entry of customs entries
- Assist in customs declaration auditing and accounting activities
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.