Access Control Associate
What This Position is All About:
Reporting directly to the Asset Protection Manager, Corporate Offices, the Asset Protection Access Control associate supports the overall safety and security of the Lawrence Head Office location. This associate monitors the entry and exit of all individuals (HBC associates and visitors) to ensure compliance with company policy, while providing necessary levels of customer service. This associate conducts regular patrols and inspections of the facility and utilizes security specific systems (alarm, card access, fire systems, etc) to monitor and maintain a safe and secure environment for all. The Asset Protection Access Control associate responds to critical and emergency situations within the building, providing support, guidance and direction where needed, and partners with external resources when required.
Who You Are:
- Results oriented and has the ability to generate a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas
- Someone who has strong communication skills and the ability to set and communicate a clear vision
- An individual who has strong time management skills and organizational skills who can get things done without disruption
- Independent worker who takes ownership of projects at hand but also someone that can work well and achieve goals in a team environment
You Also Have:
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License Required
- Prior Experience in the Asset Protection / Security field an asset
As The Asset Protection Access Control Associate, You Will:
- Monitor security desk/building access control and provide customer service
- Provide training to associates on safe practices, monitoring actions, follow up where required
- Communicate with business partners (internal & external)
- Work with security systems, updating information and data where required
- Maintain building security, conducting regular building patrols and job related audits
- Respond to emergency situations, provide support, guidance, direction
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.