Assistant Planner, Menswear
What This Position is All About
The Assistant Planner is responsible for driving omni channel sales through optimal merchandise allocation strategies and localized vendor assortment recommendations. You will work closely with the Planner to achieve sales, profit, and inventory productivity objectives for merchandise categories, working in conjunction with one or more buying teams. The Assistant Planner will support the Planner and Merchant office with development and successful execution of topside financial plans, location plans, clustering and seasonal bucket planning.
Who You Are:
- A natural problem-solver, who has an analytical bend and creative mindset
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a can-do attitude and a curious mindset
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have the ability to present data & influence discussion with peers and members of a cross-functional team
- Approach your work through the lense of the customer to drive in-store and digital business
You also have:
- Post-Secondary education or commensurate retail experience
- Understanding of supply chain operations and inventory management
- Financial acumen
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with intermediate skills in Excel
- Tableau experience is an asset
As the Assistant Planner, you will:
- Own Digital OTB Management to identify sales opportunities
- Ensure business initiatives are planned, executed & monitored
- Support & influence Planner and Merchant office in topside financial plans, pre-season, and in season management for stores and digital
- Responsible for post mortem analysis & recommendations
- Responsible for working through pre-season planning and market prep in partnership with Merchant team
- Responsible for management of omni channel inventory to ensure alignment to location plans and sales trends
- Manage and oversee allocations with analytical insights that support sales performance and provide guidance to the Inventory Analyst.
- Provide guidance to the Replenishment analyst regarding business strategy and financial expectations.
- Monitor flow against end-of-period (EOP) plan targets
- Analyze key item trends and adjust forecasts, receipts, and inventory levels as needed to drive business
- Assist in PO tracking from DC to store as needed
- Build & present the assortment analytics in order to recommend style count and unit density in alignment with prototype expectations.
- Top door analysis by brand and commodity
- Take on increased responsibility and ownership within your category as you progress in your role, inclusive but not limited to:
- Financial Planning (forecasting & budget building)
- Markdown Optimization
- Exposure to store clustering, location planning and sales productivity planning
- Training and mentoring team members
- Additional responsibilities as required
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount