Assistant Buyer, Bed Basics & Mattresses
What This Position is All About
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories, under the direction of the Buyer. This responsibility includes the development and successful implementation of buying strategies, merchandise programs and marketing plans.
Who You Are:
- A natural problem-solver, who is also analytical and creative
- You understand the value of being proactive and solution-oriented
- You have a can-do attitude
You also have:
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a merchandise capacity, and 2 years allocation experience.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
As the Assistant Buyer, you will:
- Help manage vendor and brand selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets and conduct competitive shops
- Assist Buyer in developing the merchandising strategy, and assist with sales analysis in order to identify and react to trends in-season
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with vendors, distribution center, and merchant team
- Review and ensure vendor cost/retail/UPC submissions match the buy submission
- Negotiate and guide execution of RTV's
- Effectively manage and monitor internet process including: content accuracy, overall productivity, analyzing and reacting to business needs, and communicating with e-commerce team
- Work closely with buyer and advertising/marketing team to manage the advertising process including: determining advertised styles, prep sheets, coordinating sample collection, managing in-stocks on ad styles, approval process and recapping
- Assist with line reviews/style outs for management
- Provide product knowledge to store associates through product seminars and quarterly guidelines, participate in store visits, and respond promptly to store visit notes
- Additional responsibilities as required
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount