Day in the Life:
A Pricing Analyst supports corporate goals in determining competitive pricing strategies that maximize sales and profitability. They continuously conduct research to analyze competitors’ pricing tactics to ensure that The Bay has the ideal target price for products in the business. Constant data mining is required to derive consumer habits and spending patterns that lead to conclusive pricing models.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with the merchandising and planning team and provide pricing models to determine winning pricing strategies.
- Conduct research and statistical analysis of competitive products and services
- Scope out industry opportunities and trends
- Report on results based on recommended pricing models
- Asses opportunities by channel and build tactics that maximizes sales and profitability for both the Digital and Stores channels.
- Provide ad hoc analysis supporting the MP&A team
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Business Degree
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Creative thinker and curious mindset, committed to driving business improvements
- Strong data mining and analytical skills and able to translate findings into clear, actionable insights and recommendations
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable while operating independently and as part of a team
- A genuine interest in new approaches, fresh innovative ideas, and a strong belief in your ability to make ideas real
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, working collaboratively, and supporting the team
- You appreciate working collaboratively with a high-performance team
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.