Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Day in the Life:
The Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Hudson’s Bay will support the Executive Leadership Hudson’s Bay. Reporting to the CHRO, Hudson’s Bay, this role is accountable for contributing to the development and implementation of an enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion strategy that will acknowledge the history of the company and build a roadmap for the future. The Manager, Diversity & Inclusion will work in collaboration with all business areas, the DVP, D, E &I, Manager, D,E&I at The Bay and the Diversity & Inclusion Council to ensure that diversity principles and practices are embedded throughout.
What You Will Do:
Programs & Initiatives
- Plan and lead programs, training and strategic initiatives focused on diversity & inclusion to be incorporated into current business practices
- Engage and support Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Support initiatives to recruit, advance and retain associates from equity-seeking communities
- Support programs designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of customers and vendor partners
Community Engagement and Investment
- Research and recommend opportunities for external collaboration and partnerships with equity-seeking communities
- Build respectful and reciprocal relationships with equity-seeking communities
Education and Awareness
- Provide direction and build organizational capacity on diversity and inclusion
- Develop and facilitate diversity & inclusion training
What You Will Need:
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Cultural awareness and ability to build trust, credibility and navigate a complex landscape
- Exceptional oral and written communication with experience in multiple communication modes, including social media
- Ability to articulate the importance of inclusion and diversity to the broader associate population
- Strong relationship building skills with a natural ability to influence mutually beneficial outcomes
- Innovative thinking with creative problem solving and judgement abilities
- Passion, engagement, and self-motivation
- Drive to deliver strong results and ability to make effective and timely decisions
- Previous experience implementing and supporting the diversity and inclusion strategy at a complex organization
- Bilingual/ French language skills are considered an asset
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada. Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.