Social Media & Events Coordinator
Location VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Job Opened October 1st, 2021
Education High School Diploma/GED
Job Number 210005Q4
Job Type Full-Time w/o Benefits
What This Position is All About
The Social Media & Events Coordinator will provide end-to-end support for all event & Social media initiatives. The role involves creating, managing and coordinating new and innovative special events. Execute social media content (IG, FB, Twitter, Tik Tok, and applicable new platforms) for Men’s & Ladies Fashion, Beauty, Kids & Home. Directly reporting to the Assistant General Managers, this position works cross-functionally with many teams across the store to drive sales.
Who You Are:
- Possess a mix of creative and strategic abilities
- Have an understanding of and passion for social media
- Very strong organizational and project management skills
- Puts the needs of internal and external customers first. Seeks customer information when improving products and services.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Resourceful, proactive, takes initiative
- Sees ahead clearly, is knowledgeable and has a capability for a big picture perspective.
You Also Have:
- Post-secondary education preferred in business or related field
- Fashion Background from retail industry an asset
- Knowledge of influential fashion publications, websites & blogs
- Knowledge of international designers and contemporary brands in menswear, women's wear, accessories, footwear, & beauty
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications and Adobe creative suite
- Flexibility in schedule (open to working evenings and weekends as required by the scheduled events)
As The Social Media & Event Coordinator, You Will:
- Create and execute all special events at store level
- Creates & edits social content (IG Stories, Reels, IGTVs)
- Produce and project manage from start-to-finish, each of the deliverables for the store
- Implement Product Knowledge sessions, partnering with different selling teams in the store.
- Co-ordinate the bi-monthly communications with the fashion ambassadors
- Vet influencer needs and selection
- Lead specific seasonal events/campaigns in terms of strategy, concept and creative (e.g. Holiday, Pride, Black History Month, Partnerships, Men’s Fashion Week)
- Partner with store Visual Team, corporate events and Social Media Team to ensure assets are optimized for social channels
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends, best practices and news touchpoints or platforms
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.