The Bay | Manager, Ad Operations
Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Day in the Life:
In this position, the Manager, Ad Operations ensures the smooth execution of the day-to-day activities within the department. They oversee scheduling, production, and implementation of all advertising programs and campaigns in order to ensure accurate and timely execution of these programs. They also serve as the main point of contact within the advertising operations department to the rest of the business departments. They are tasked with identifying, establishing, and implementing the business’ best practices on advertising campaign set-up, optimization, measurement, and reporting. Additionally, their innovation enables constant improvement in performance and hence enabling continuous achievement of sales targets as well as the business’s overall targets.
This role is both strategic and analytical.
Strategy: The position plays a major role in strategic development within the business, where they deploy sophisticated ad campaigns, programs, tools, and platforms that are best suited for the business.
Analytics: The position plays an analytical role, where they analyze data, prepare recommendations, and perform periodic optimizations for the purpose of ensuring advertising campaign success rate.
What You Will Do:
- Oversees and directs on all Media advertising programs
- Thought leadership on ad product innovations and monetization opportunities
- Ownership of end-to-end media monetization projects
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product
- Work closely with strategic team to define new sponsorship opportunities for The Bay and leverage relationships to determine feasibility of sponsorships
- Oversees and provides leadership on all sellable inventory for The Bay and leads operational department
- Oversee Ad operations to ensure day to day services and campaign performance
- Manage finances
- Manages omni-channel inventory for sellable opportunities
What You Will Need:
- 6+ years ad operations and media execution experience
- Agency or multi-channel retailer experience
- A deep understanding of ad tech and products
- An understanding of what it takes to deliver ad solutions at scale and get buy-in from all levels
- Detail oriented work without losing sight of the big picture You can be flexible, resilient, and a great team player
- You take your job seriously but you like to have fun!
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
The digital-first transformation of The Bay takes us to the next level, with significant focus on technology investment and innovation - including the creation of Technology Hubs, increased fulfillment capabilities, expanded marketing and extended vendor partnerships for a highly-curated assortment.
Since the introduction of Marketplace in April 2021, The Bay has introduced more than 1,500 new or expanded brands and more than 25,000 new products through the new Marketplace Technology platform, and continues to grow and innovate on thebay.com — currently the 6th largest e-commerce business in Canada.
The Bay and Hudson’s Bay will work collaboratively to continue delivering an enhanced and seamless customer experience.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.