The Bay | Account Manager, Sales & Partnerships
Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Day in the Life:
Sales and Partnership Account Managers are primarily responsible for managing a successful client relationship through an understanding of the client’s business, expectation management and ensuring campaign strategies and tactics deliver on the clients’ needs. As the internal advocate for our retail vendors, the Account Manager will be comfortable challenging the campaign and creative services team to ensure they are delivering the best strategy to accomplish client goals; be able to support Account Leadership in the communication of media plans and campaign performance to clients; and be able to assess the quality of the campaign delivery. Account Managers will work with Sale and Partnership Directors to build and execute both strategic growth media programs and account growth plans.
What You Will Do:
- Manage client communication and reporting– current campaigns
- Responsible for maintaining the day to day client relationship and communication
- Lead campaign meetings with clients (vendors, merchants, e-comm team)
- Use analytics to build and present client reports to clients
- Demonstrate media performance value at the pre-sales, in-campaign, and post-sales stages
- Prepare for calls by understanding performance stories from campaign managers
- Set agendas, keep meeting on track, communicate action plans and call notes
- Manage client expectations on campaign timing, creative approval process, and performance of campaign tactics
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects and campaigns
- Proactively build client media plans by working with account directors, campaign managers, and creative specialists.
- Project manage the successful delivery of campaigns
- Kick off creative services process and troubleshoot delays or challenges
- Track performance of campaigns to ensure success against client’s stated KPI’s
- Work with campaign managers to ensure campaigns are fully optimized
- Optimize the billing of client’s campaigns by working with the finance team
- Account and POD growth planning
- Build POD and account plans and work with account executives reps to grow portfolio of accounts
- Build proactive media plans to renew and upsell campaigns
- Coordinate and participate in strategic client business reviews
- Solve troubled account challenges by working with account teams (sales, ad ops, creative)
- Develop category plans and case studies to position top performing media plans per category
- Present proactive new ideas and category trends to clients
- Optimize Media Group processes and efficiency
- Identify opportunities to optimize sales, ad ops, and creative processes to ensure an efficient delivery of client campaigns
- Work with the production office to ensure the profitability of client campaigns
- Integrate with e-comm and merchant teams to coordinate process improvements and manage expectations
What You Will Need:
- College or University diploma in Marketing or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with increasing responsibility
- Experience in display advertising media planning, ad operations or sales is an asset
- Knowledge of Omniture, Google Analytics, and data analytics platforms is an asset
- CRM knowledge is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Business writing and presentation development
- Client facing client management and meeting planning experience
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
The digital-first transformation of The Bay takes us to the next level, with significant focus on technology investment and innovation - including the creation of Technology Hubs, increased fulfillment capabilities, expanded marketing and extended vendor partnerships for a highly-curated assortment.
Since the introduction of Marketplace in April 2021, The Bay has introduced more than 1,500 new or expanded brands and more than 25,000 new products through the new Marketplace Technology platform, and continues to grow and innovate on thebay.com — currently the 6th largest e-commerce business in Canada.
The Bay and Hudson’s Bay will work collaboratively to continue delivering an enhanced and seamless customer experience.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.