The Bay | Analyst, Targeted Marketing
Who We Are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
What You Will Do:
Reporting into Senior Manager, Targeted Marketing (Email, SMS, Direct Mail, Push), this role at The Bay will support various parts of the business. The analyst role will require a strategic, results driven associate with strong business acumen and curiosity about why customers behave the way they do.
The position involves joining a dynamic, fast paced team and will require support across various strategic initiatives and daily business needs.
As part of the Targeted Marketing team you will:
· Measure campaign performance through KPIs and provide recommendations for direct mail circulation and email/mobile targeting
· Create and implement A/B tests for direct mail, email, and mobile channels. Analyze findings and apply learnings for future campaigns
· Analyze data, present findings to management and make strategic recommendations for future marketing campaigns and initiatives to help optimize campaign performance and ROI
· Build and maintain weekly, quarterly, annual and campaign reports and dashboards
· Work with the Senior Manager, Targeted Marketing to analyze channel and customer data in order to draw insights and make recommendations for driving business results through campaign optimization.
· Use analytical and critical thinking skills to develop proactive solutions that address brand and business goals
· Collaborate with the channel leads to develop and execute test plans for key channel components such as timing, creative, content, segmentation, frequency, etc.
What You Will Need:
- In-depth understanding of key performance metrics and the ability to recognize how they might impact the business
- Strong analytical and thought leadership skills (ability to tell a story and create action with data)
- Hyper aware of targeted marketing (email, SMS, Direct Mail, Push) marketing trends, best practices technologies
- Proficient in Excel (including creating pivot tables/advanced formulas) Word, PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience working with ESP and analytical tools including but not limited to Omniture/Adobe Analytics, CheetahMail
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada. Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.