Regional Business Development Manager - East
Day in the Life:
Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, the Regional Business Development Manager will partner with store leadership to identify and execute both internal and external (licensee or concession) localized sales opportunities. This role is accountable for generating incremental sales and EBITDA across all stores within their region.
The Regional Business Development Manager will also
- Communicate assortment related actions to the central planning team.
- Partner with the central business development team to execute new concession roll outs.
- Act as an expert on the customer and competitive environment in the region, as well as communicate changes in demographics and traffic patterns along with changes happening in malls, new tenants, and re-models.
What You Will Do:
- Champion the local sales opportunities in our stores to drive sales, EBITDA and customer experience
- Serve as the first point of contact for the General Managers for all large store sales opportunities ($50K +)
- Exceptions will be made for ‘incubator’ opportunities agreed upon (tests that could grow to larger opportunities)
- Develop strong partnerships within the region and home office COE partners (ISM / Planning /Business development / OPS) to facilitate execution of identified opportunities
- Monitor and report on results to forecast each period
- Identify upcoming seasonal opportunities/partnerships (i.e. Gifting, Chinese New Year, Holiday)
- Develop, implement, and communicate actionable sales driving strategies identified by analyzing regional and store specific sales performance
- Leverage Regional and Merchant Teams to identify overall, market, regional and brand specific issues and opportunities
- Challenge responses and offer solutions using analytical, interpretive, and evaluative thinking
- Plan and manage a budget of a business unit
- Study the customer, competition, and local marketing to help support local opportunities
- Ensure sales plans and planned monthly flow, average stock, and turn components to identify missed opportunities
- Establish relationships with external community partners to identify sales and traffic driving opportunities that align with our strategy
- Build external awareness of space optimization opportunities (marketplace strategy…)
What You Will Need:
- 3-5 years’ experience and expertise in Retail. Multi box experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Effective negotiation, managerial courage, and persuasiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to executive/senior level management
- Analytically savvy – strategic thinker – results oriented
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and relationship building skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Dynamic, high-energy individual, able to demonstrate outstanding leadership competencies
- Self-starter with consistent, clear communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly motivated, able to set priorities and react accordingly
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with ability to recommend solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-store environment
- Ability to work with all levels of organization to build partnerships
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.