The Bay - Director, Supply Chain Strategic Projects & PMO
Day in the Life:
This role is accountable for the project management function across the SC&L organization, providing leadership, delivery, and management of the PMO processes and team. The Director will oversee and manage a team of project managers and is the main responsible for the successful delivery of a project portfolio that encompasses supply chain strategy, transformation and operations. The incumbent will also be leading the Project Management Office for all SC&L teams working closely with the pyramid head, and will be responsible to develop and implement best practices and standards to manage, track and communicate project progress across the SC&L organization.
What You Will Do:
- Spearhead, monitor and support all major SC&L projects for the successful delivery of large scale cross-functional projects that directly contribute to our corporate growth initiatives by owning the E2E project lifecycle of highly-strategic SC&L projects assigned.
- Build, lead and coach a team of Project Managers to effectively deliver multiple concurrent SC&L strategic projects at with a strong focus on supply chain strategy and operations. Provide guidance and support to project leads to further grow PM capabilities on all SC&L teams
- Lead and continue the development of the SC&L Project Management Office (PMO) by establishing and implementing PMP best practices; designing the standards, frameworks and cadence to create, review and present business cases, project status updates and change management programs
- Provide ad-hoc support to the SC&L pyramid head and leadership team as needed on strategic analyses, business case development, preparing executive level presentations, facilitate workshops and other activities
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business Administration
- 5+ years of Consulting Experience or Project Management in CPG/Retail Industry with a strong focus in high-priority, high-visibility transformational projects
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint user with demonstrated experience of building professional business presentations for senior executives and top-quality data analysis and/or scorecards
- Demonstrated ability to lead simultaneous cross-functional project teams across the organization
- Exceptional collaboration, communication and influencing skills
- Persuasive communication skills, ability to present recommendations in a professional and impactful way
- PMP or Supply Chain designations are preferred
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.