Who We Are:
Hudson's Bay Company and Saks Fifth Avenue is unveiling a members-only concept that provides a new way to get things done. With spaces to work, workout, dine, socialize, accomplish everyday errands and host events, the new concept redefines work through the prism of style. The concept offers vibrant work and life destinations in the suburbs and hubs for doing business in the city, with regional flexibility that is ideal for commuters and professionals who are redefining where and how they work and play post-pandemic. In Fall 2021, SaksWorks will debut five locations across the New York Metropolitan Area including Downtown Manhattan; Midtown Manhattan; Greenwich, CT; Manhasset, NY; and Scarsdale, NY.
What This Position is All About:
This Junior Architect / Designer role reports directly to the internal Real Estate Development Design and SaksWorks team and will work in collaboration with the other Real Estate and Development teams to deliver on and execute ideas through drawings and renderings. This high profile role will play a part in repurposing our real estate assets with design and new paradigms along with further developing the new venture of SaksWorks is an adaptive re-use development that affords an extraordinary opportunity for a Junior Designer / Junior Architect who is looking to gain invaluable experience that counts towards their license.
Who You Are:
- You have exceptional written & verbal communication skills and are comfortable organizing ideas in a way that can be easily presented and understood.
- You are self-motivated, and with a strong sense of urgency you're comfortable working within deadlines.
- You love level teamwork and are adapt at building strong relationships throughout the organization, at every level.
- You have a strong sense of aesthetics, are creative and you aren't afraid to put your ideas forward.
- With a love of learning, you'll be expected to take advanced training courses in order to keep your understanding ahead of the curve.
You Also Have:
- B. Arch from an accredited program
- 1-2 Years of experience with 2D and 3D modelling.
- Very strong rendering, CAD skills, 2D and 3D modeling software experience in Revit. (Rhinoceros and Grasshopper also recommended).
- Must be proficient with Adobe Suite: Indesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro.
- Proven ability to develop design concepts in detail, both computer aided and hand sketch formats - with particular focus on quick hand drawn sketches.
- Ability to help resolve complex technical and/or design issues.
- Project management experience or experience in a deadline driven environment.
As The Junior Architect/Designer, You Will:
- Develop drawings and renderings for new concepts, in order to communicate information to senior executive team.
- Develop and provide supporting documents and materials to leadership, to help present professional level communications to the leadership team, investors and media.
- Research and stay abreast of new trends and ideas.
- Update and maintain the electronic resource library of current and archived products.
- Become a subject matter expert in advanced designer computer skills.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.