Director, Merchandising Systems (H019)
Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their Omni-channel platforms, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the longest continually operating company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 239 stores and more than 22,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture, and in Europe, it has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Director, Merchandising Systems will oversee the Development and Support of Merchandising Applications. They will lead a team of Development Engineers and Systems Analysts in our Toronto, New York and Bangalore offices. In this role they will work closely with their business partners and peers across the Tech organization to ensure existing system stability - while focusing on modernizing our suite of applications.
Who You Are:
- You have a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
You Also Have:
- Experience working in a retail environment and a passion to drive while coaching and leading team members to do their best.
- A quick learner - enthusiastic about solving problems and driving positive change
- Experience working with and leading offshore teams.
- 5 or more years of experience in software development and in the delivery of software testing methodologies
- 5 or more years experience in managing vendors, partners, suppliers and technical teams, including off-shore delivery
- Experience implementing PIM products, promotion engines, replenishment, allocation and retail management suites.
- Prior work experience working with technologies such as SAP, Oracle and programming languages like .Net, Java, Informatica
- 5 or more years of experience and track record of successful project delivery, including contemporary and advanced technologies
- Experience with multiple software development methodologies, including legacy waterfall, and agile methods
- Experience in cloud migration and decommission of Legacy and on-premise infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive understanding of the business processes within your assigned domain, including “best practice” ways of working
- Excellent working knowledge of the technology options available or used within the assigned domain by the business community
As The Director, Merchandising Systems You Will:
- Build and lead a high performing team of Dev Engineers and Systems Analysts to meet all development and support demand.
- Deliver quality Project Solutions on time and within budget - working closely and in collaboration with PMO and cross-functional Tech teams.
- Partner with business leaders to understand how technology can support their areas, providing recommendations and delivering high quality projects.
- Implement all the necessary development and deployment processes and procedures to ensure the team is delivering to requirements and deployments are consistently problem free.
- Effectively manage budgets - ensuring proper balance of Capital vs Expense spend.
- Ensure stability of applications by reducing recurring issues and implementing proactive monitoring and health checks across the stack.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.