The Bay | Director, Digital Merchandising - Beauty & Centre Core
Day in the Life:
The Director of Digital Merchandising is responsible for achieving thebay.com customer outcomes which are predominantly focused on driving product sales and profit within a given category. They achieve these outcomes through driving the entire customer experience from strategy through execution. Primarily focused on driving digital customer interactions complimented by off-line strategies based on customer goals.
What You Will Do:
- Working with merchants to drive product strategy to connect to overall Hudson's Bay goals, connecting Owned, Dropship and Marketplace
- Developing navigation and merchandising strategy
- Driving thebay.com features and functionality strategy
- Supporting reporting and optimization roadmap
- Coaching and developing team of merchandisers
What You Will Need:
- Post-secondary degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience understanding the category management process and developing action plans to grow sales and profitability
- A strong working knowledge and passion for digital retail landscape
- Experience in Buying an asset
- Ability to speak and present data or insights at an executive level
- Strong influencer skills that can help fuel our digital growth
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing and mentoring a team
- Comfort with change and ambiguity, ability to make quick decisions
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge in site analytics tools (Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Power Point) and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.