The Bay - Data Analyst, Merchandise Analytics
Day in the Life:
The Data Analyst will be part of a dynamic team that supports the execution of initiatives in Merchandise Analytics. They work cross functionally with other teams to develop and deliver projects that will drive The Bay into a Digital first company. This role collaborates with the business to validate their hypotheses or leverage data to deep dive into business problems. They will explore new insights and innovation by leveraging advanced analytics to derive data backed insights. This is the perfect role that provides an opportunity to gain further advanced experience in retail business initiatives and understanding of retail analytics and insights.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in defining project scope and objectives and developing plans to monitor and track progress.
- Communication of the analysis processes and insights to stakeholders and other analytics teams across the organization.
- Partner and align with stakeholders to brainstorm, test and develop analysis that delivers quick insights to validate business hypotheses. Helping our partners make more informed decisions quickly
- Proactively identify analytical opportunities that will lead to improved business results
- Synthesizing and framing analysis and translate findings into clear, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Create supporting material such as reporting templates, trackers, and post mortems.
- Use systems such as Tableau, SQL, and Python for comprehensive database creation and management.
- Provide ad hoc analysis supporting the MP&A team
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Business Degree
- 0 - 2 years of Business, Marketing/ Project Management Experience
- Strong data mining and analytical skills and able to translate findings into clear, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Ability to “storytell” through analytics and presentation materials
- Advanced Excel skills with experience with Tableau, SQL, Python, database creation and management is preferred.
- Creative thinker and solutions oriented, committed to driving business improvements
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable while operating independently and as part of a team.
- A genuine interest in new approaches, fresh innovative ideas, and a strong belief in your ability to make ideas real.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, working collaboratively, and supporting the team.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount