The Bay | Manager, Marketing Category Strategy - Menswear
Day in the Life:
In this critical role at The Bay, a Marketing Manager is a strategic, results-driven leader with a passion for bringing style and quality to customers every day. The Marketing Manager is a leader in building long-term strategic vision while executing in-year campaigns with excellence in a fast-paced and quickly transforming omni-channel retail environment.
With a strong understanding of the customer, you will develop strategies aligned to the corporate brand, as well as an annual plan and quarterly plans to acquire and retain customers. Through collaboration with key business partners and cross-functional teams, you will lead the implementation of fully integrated, best-in-class marketing strategies to drive strong results. You are proficient in writing effective creative briefs for campaigns and marketing initiatives to turn plans into strong results and deliver on category objectives & KPIs. Additionally, you have a passion for fashion, trends and digital media
What You Will Do:
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of strategic marketing plans for the categories assigned
- Drive the vision and strategy of category campaigns and promotions, in partnership with the merchant team, demonstrating a clear understanding of how to translate business goals into marketing objectives
- Write and present strategic briefs outlining clear KPIs that inspire creativity across channels to internal stakeholders, agencies and cross-functional partners
- Manage category level style out and campaign photography planning, in close partnership with the Fashion Office
- Analyze and leverage industry research and trends (category, customer & competitors) to inform briefs and adapt plans
- Measure ongoing campaign performance and effectiveness against set marketing KPIs, with a strong ability to communicate executive summary level results to leadership team
- Expertly manage digital media plans and budgets
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing preferred
- 4+ years of demonstrated and progressive success in marketing, advertising and/or product management roles
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic marketing plans
- Keen eye and interest in fashion
- Analytical strength; understanding data driven marketing, market share analysis, leveraging data to drive insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
The digital-first transformation of The Bay takes us to the next level, with significant focus on technology investment and innovation - including the creation of Technology Hubs, increased fulfillment capabilities, expanded marketing and extended vendor partnerships for a highly-curated assortment.
Since the introduction of Marketplace in April 2021, The Bay has introduced more than 1,500 new or expanded brands and more than 25,000 new products through the new Marketplace Technology platform, and continues to grow and innovate on thebay.com — currently the 6th largest e-commerce business in Canada.
The Bay and Hudson’s Bay will work collaboratively to continue delivering an enhanced and seamless customer experience.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.