The Bay | Director, Store Infrastructure
Day in the Life:
The Director, Store Infrastructure will oversee the Installation and Support of Store Hardware and Services. They will lead a team of Hardware analysts, Technical Analysts, Systems Analysts and Mobility Engineers in our Toronto and Bangalore offices. In this role they will work closely with their business partners and peers across the Tech organization to ensure existing system and hardware stability - while focusing on process improvements to limit the amount of time hardware is unavailable to store associates
What You Will Do:
- Hardware evaluation, road mapping and support
- Contract and Vendor Management
- Budget, Procurement and Invoicing
- Installation, Inventory Management and project support
- Problem Management/Ticket Reduction Programs
- Mobile – Management of Airwatch, Ground Control, Avalance, etc.. systems
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a retail environment and a passion to drive while coaching and leading team members to do their best
- A quick learner - enthusiastic about solving problems and driving positive change
- 5 or more years of experience in hardware installation and deployment and in the support of that delivery
- 5 or more years experience in managing vendors, partners, suppliers and technical teams
- Strong understanding of Store Systems usage (Registers, peripherals, mobile devices, etc..) as it relates to systems delivery and support,
- Prior work experience working with technologies and hardware that are used in Retail Stores
- 5 or more years of experience and track record of successful project delivery, including contemporary and advanced technologie
- Extensive understanding of the business processes within your assigned domain, including “best practice” ways of working
- Excellent working knowledge of the technology options available or used within the assigned domain by the business community
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.