Kleinfelds Alteration Supervisor
Day in the Life:
Reporting to the Kleinfelds Sales Manager, the Alterations Supervisor leads all activities for the alterations room. The Alterations Supervisor recruits and trains a team of alteration experts, including fitters, sewers, beading, and pressing and quality control.
The Alterations Supervisor is a key member of the Kleinfelds leadership team, and is a role model for team members in demonstrating the standards and qualities that Kleinfeld’s exemplifies. The Alterations Supervisor is also responsible for the appropriate distribution of all projects, managing the workload of all alterationists to consistently meet required commitment dates.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee alteration experts to ensure that alterations are completed perfectly, effectively and in a timely manner
- Oversee custom work as needed (veils) to satisfy each customer
- May be called upon to work directly with customers, making suggestions that are practical, affordable and time sensitive
- Supervise the quality control of incoming and outgoing gowns
- Accurately and fairly assess the work needed to be completed and manage schedules to meet required delivery dates
- Allocate the gowns to the alterations specialists as needed to maintain maximum productivity
- Ensure new specialists are trained to Kleinfeld techniques and standards
- Ensure all alteration policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain and assist the Sales Manager in enforcing all health and safety standards
- Maintain the cleanliness of the workroom and all supplies necessary to run the business
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of experience in alterations/tailoring - preferably in a bridal and/or special occasion production environment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 15lbs, sit, crouch, reach with arms, bend, twist and
- A team player mentality, displaying a 'can do' attitude and strong initiative skills
- High organization and ability to operate in a time sensitive environment
- Capability of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Understanding and ability to perform both fitting and sewing functions
- Strong product knowledge skills – understanding of fabrics, beading and construction
- Strong attention to detail
- Manufacturing experience an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible to work any/all business hours and beyond to ensure quick response including evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to quickly grasp systems and software
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used. #HBhire