Building Operator, Rideau Centre
Day in the Life:
Building Operator for single 450,000 sq ft +/- retail use facilities. An entry-level role under the direction and support of the Building Manager, the Junior Building Operator will provide technical and operational maintenance support to the retail properties. Duties will include troubleshooting, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, regular inspections and ensuring the smooth operation of the heating and cooling systems. The Building Operator has responsibility for maintenance and service work as well as general facilities care. This role is critical to ensuring uninterrupted service of all operations and in maintaining a safe, comfortable working environment for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the building maintenance operations for the assigned area. Ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and buildings; includes performing routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out while responding to emergencies; oversee third party contractor maintenance and repair work associated with service agreements and on demand.
- Be available for on-call duty to respond to emergency situations 24 hours a day
- Respond to all calls as directed by site representative via online Facility Management software. Coordinate major problems, either mechanical, technical or tenant with Management.
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with company work standards
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- Assist in assessing current and future needs of all buildings within the assigned areas through regular inspections of buildings within the assigned area
- Identify, prioritize and recommend all required new projects, equipment replacement or preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Assist in defining scope of work of both major and minor facility maintenance and repair projects, in sourcing vendors, co-ordination, scheduling, monitoring and completing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Approve purchase of materials, equipment and contracted services to complete repairs within approved budget levels
- Minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry, keeping all mechanical and electrical rooms clean and free of hazards
- Regularly evaluate and recommend effective allocation of resources
- Manage the daily operations with a strong commitment to customer service
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience in general maintenance capacity.
- Building operations, General knowledge of drywall, electrical, and plumbing experience is preferred
- Experience with boiler and chiller plants is an asset and required
- Knowledge of building automation/building management systems and HVAC systems is preferred.
- PC literate, demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office
- Entry level knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, building codes and regulations for public buildings
- Entry level knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice preferred
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates over 80 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio and founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC. The Hudson’s Bay Rewards members share their passion for living a colourful life, and get rewarded for doing the things that bring them joy.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.