Seasonal Material Handler
What This Position is All About
The Material Handler's primary function is to handle, move, load and unload materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment within the Distribution Centre to ensure consistent flow of product.
Who You Are:
- Flexible to work various hours (days/afternoons) Monday to Friday as needed by the business
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Building teams by bringing others together when needed.
- Creates a sense of community and builds morale in their team.
- Innovative with a mindset that generates a variety of approaches to problem solving including new and novel ideas.
- Inspire and develop others with their vision and sense of purpose. A people builder, who is focused on bringing out the best performance and potential in others.
You Also Have:
- Basic computer knowledge is a plus.
- Previous warehouse experience an asset
As The Material Handler, You Will:
- Receive, sort and ship merchandise using a hand held RF scanner
- Perform heavy lifting
- Labeling cartons
- Manually loading and unloading trailers
- Building pallets of cartons
- Pushing cartons on conveyor lines
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.