Day in the Life:
As a Data Engineer, the individual will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of driving major Data Engineering Projects (using Airflow, Python, Snowflake, etc.).
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement airflow dags using Python
- Maintain Data Governance and relevant mapping documents
- Working on Version control tools like GitHub
- Work in Agile methodology and sprints
- Troubleshoot PROD issues in current Data Warehousing
- Work and collaborate with BI team for delivering projects
What You Will Need:
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in Airflow
- Experience in Snowflake
- Fluency in SQL and relational databases (e.g., Oracle)
- Experience with programming languages Python
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Shell Scripting an asset
- Experience with deployment and source code management (such as GitHub) an asset
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) an asset
What you Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.