Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Telemetry & Observation
Day in the Life:
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for defining, building, and maintaining telemetry, observation, and applied intelligence systems to ensure the health of The Bay's eCommerce & CRM platforms and Mobile applications. They will create the long-term technical vision alongside the day-to-day execution of functions to measure and improve service level objectives in terms of performance, resilience, and stability of The Bay Digital & Mobile platforms, system integrations, and Cloud environments. This position reports directly to the Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with leadership, business and technology partners to develop and drive the overall monitoring and reliability strategy
- Configure APM tooling and develop dashboards, synthetic & proactive alerting, and transaction flow monitoring across integrated services
- Utilize automation tools and write scripts to automate manual tasks, and enable self-healing
- Develop and promote SRE best practices around monitoring, SLO/SLIs, performance, automation, incident response, AIOps, and resilience
- Collaborate with engineering teams and vendors to improve overall architecture scalability, observability, reliability, and production readiness
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of SRE enterprise and/or consulting experience
- Strong hands on experience in at least two of the following APM and monitoring tools: New Relic, Splunk, ELK, Nagios, SolarWinds, Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch, Datadog, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Grafana, etc.
- Cloud system integration experience (API Gateways, Middleware, REST,..etc).
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise level monitoring strategies
- Expertise in scripting automation (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Shell, etc.)
- Hands on experience configuring synthetic alerting, dashboarding, APM tool deployment, and end to end monitoring
- Hands on experience in performance, resilience, and chaos engineering
- Experience in cloud based digital ecommerce, headless, order management is an asset
- Familiarity with Agile and ITIL frameworks
- Other technical requirements include
- Databases: (Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata, DB2, etc.)
- Networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, etc.
- AWS or similar cloud infrastructure fundamentals
- CDN Technologies Basics: (Akamai, Cloudflare)
- Ticket Management tools: Jira, Cherwell, ServiceNow, etc.
- DevOps tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform,etc
- Oncall tools: PagerDuty
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest in The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.