Talent Acquisition Consultant, Technology - 12 Month Contract
Day in the Life
The Talent Acquisition, Consultant - Technology 12 month contract position focuses on working with multiple hiring managers and senior business leaders driving candidate generation strategies in an effort to engage technology talent of Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Architects and Engineering Leaders.
A talented, customer focused Technical Consultant – Full Life Cycle with a passion for engaging both their clients and candidates. They thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, drawing on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders and hiring managers.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that is making an impact, by recruiting for innovative technical talent for The Bay.
What You Will Do:
- Operate as a Talent Partner through consultation, applying best practices to optimize for the best hiring decision
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers and teams to research roles and generate pipelines.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment including resume screening, phone interviews, scheduling, feedback solicitation, offers, negotiation and onboarding.
- Build relationships in every department across the organization, with a particular focus on Technology, Engineering and Product.
- Evaluate and build candidate pools via initiatives tied to sourcing, employer brand, referrals, agency partners, networking, and any other channels suitable for driving high-quality diverse candidates.
- Create strategies that influence and attract the right talent to join at the right time
- Work to achieve a high-degree of competitive awareness in the markets and fields you operate in. This includes researching how other companies hire, market salaries, roles, etc.
- Use a multi-channel approach to find the perfect fit for IX roles, creative sourcing, and attend events, meet-ups, campus events etc.
- Continuous study and learning to stay on top of industry trends, recruitment best practices, and using your knowledge to innovate in the recruitment space.
What You Will Need
- Experience recruiting for technical roles with focus on software development engineers
- Experience recruiting passive candidate generation and building networks within AI/ML communities
- Passion and experience recruiting technical and/or product management roles across various industries including enterprise & consumer products up to director level
- Extensive experience in fast-paced technical recruiting, ideally in from high growth venture-backed startups/scale-ups.
- Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.