Day in the Life:
The Copywriter is an integral part of the Creative team. The successful candidate must be equal parts writer, editor, storyteller, and ideas-haver, with exceptional organizational skills and the communication skills to transform ideas into engaging content. The Copywriter has a strong sense for brand tone, a passion for purpose-driven storytelling, and an eye for detail. This person is interested in retail and its changing landscape, and is eager to grow into a leadership role by championing great ideas, even if they are not their own. This role will be based in Toronto and will report to the Content Lead Manager, Owned Channels.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Write impactful short-form copy for site and email
- Write purposeful, consumer-led copy with a masterful sense of tone to engage relevant audiences
- Manage high volume content flow with efficiency and transparency
- Manage copy from concept stages through to production, working with art directors, designers, producers and project managers to deliver the final product
- Maintain brand standards and consistency in copywriting
- Develop proactive ideas and innovative creative solutions that address brand and business goals
- Ensure consistency of tone and style across all copy executions
What You Will Need:
- 4+ years experience as a copywriter for an agency, in-house creative team or in custom content or magazines
- You have a compelling portfolio that elevates a brand's creative experience
- You can distill information into engaging stories that are executable
- You are skilled in writing short-form copy for email and site
- You are detail oriented, and can work on tight, shifting deadlines
- Your work proves you can think big and optimize based on channel (and your book proves that)
- You thrive in a team environment and play well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong organizational skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects differentiates you
- You are passionate about transforming brands through storytelling
- You have great taste and are up to speed with relevant trends within the industry
- Experience with SEO copy a plus
What You Can Expect:
Join a people-first culture that celebrates and promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the workplace.
- We care about helping Associates achieve a healthy work-life balance. Our hybrid “Ways of Working” Program enables Associates to work when and where it is most effective
- We offer a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more. As a The Bay Associate, you will receive benefits that are designed to support you and your family's total well-being
- We foster a culture that supports our Associates in making healthy lifestyle choices. Our Living Well Program provides a variety of programs and resources to enhance and maintain your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including Corporate gym membership rates.
- We offer an amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.