The Bay - Executive Assistant Beauty and Center Core
About The Bay:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem solving at scale, we want you to join our team. At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with
groundbreaking ideas. We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to
reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn &; Instagram
Day in the Life:
Reporting to the SVP, Group Merchandise Manager, the Executive Assistant – Beauty & Centre Core will respond to all incoming calls, greet and direct visitors, answer inquiries in a positive and professional manner, and represent The Bay to all office visitors. As the Executive Assistant, you are accountable for coordinating the activities of several leaders within the Beauty & Center Core department. You will perform a wide variety of administrative support services, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the office’s team and leaders.
What You Will Do:
- Manage calendars - prioritizing appointments and proactively resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Make travel arrangements required, including booking flights, hotel accommodation, car rental, and providing directions.
- Respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries – providing general information and referring inquiries to appropriate sources based on a broad knowledge of procedures, protocols and internal teams.
- To greet, assist and direct all visitors to and maintain a welcoming, clean, safe, and well organized reception area
- Organize and schedules meetings, including contacting participants, booking rooms, ordering refreshments.
- Organize special events as required by the leader’s office, which includes invitations, facilities, and catering arrangements.
- Provides support to various meetings the leaders chairs by typing and distributing minutes, preparing agenda packages, arranging meeting dates/times/rooms, contacting participants, and extensive follow-up on items as needed. Attend meetings, as required, and record key action items and major takeaways.
- Completes and submits expense claims.
- Maintains records regarding vacation and leaves for staff reporting on the department.
- Prepares the leader’s calendar and the relevant and pertinent meeting material as identified by the leader. Conduct a mid-week check in with Leader to review and updates to their calendar.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience working with an executive office team and providing service to the public, including previous experience in reception/ front desk, customer service or administrative support.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to change, and develop new skills
- Ability to communicate positively with Executive leaders, internal team members, and external vendors, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Intermediate to expert level competence with MS Office, Google Suite, Concur Travel Management System and database applications.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving ability
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used