Merchandise Assistant, Bestseller
Day In The Life:
The Merchandise Assistant works with the Buying Team, assisting with merchandising tasks. The MA primarily assists the Buying Team with go-to-market preparation, sample management, tactical vendor communications, and ad hoc analysis support. The position requires frequent communication with other members of the Buying team as well as with vendors, distribution centers, stores and customers
What You Will Do:
- Manages item set up workflow to our India partners and maintenance:
- Validates Item Set up, including executing any changes, reclasses and recodes are accurate prior to submitting the task to our India partners
- Request new department/manufacturer numbers
- Communication and follow up with vendors/Asst. Buyers for questions and/or outstanding information
- Manages Purchase Order (PO) workflow is seamlessly handed off from India item team to PO team
- Communicate PO Creation, including alerting India partners of any changes
- Track and event code items featured in marketing
- Ensure audit accuracy of PO Tracker vs. Assortment Plan
- Communicates all Price and Cost Changes
- Communicates RTVs (return-to-vendor) and Store Transfers to India partners, manage store communication
- Manages promotional pricing process:
- Communicate creation & management of Item Lists, Marketing downloads while maintaining an understanding of the timelines to ensure accurate execution and review is complete before due date
- Assists in solving Pre-Scan and Live PLU (price look-up) issues in a timely manner
- Populates and maintains internal documents (SxS) with historical and actual promotional results
- Works closely with PLU & signing team to provide and populate required information
- Management of E-Commerce item onboarding:
- Execution of the Onboarding Management and Escalation Report
- Check ecomm sites for content, pricing, promotional integrity accuracy
- Prepares sales recaps & other subteam & vendor reporting
- Support group level reporting as needed
What You Will Need:
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience
- Preferred 1-2 years related experience in a merchandise capacity
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel & Google Suites
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Sense of urgency flexibility ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn
- Detail oriented
- Good organizational skills
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used