Sr. Manager, Production Studio
Day In The Life:
As a Sr. Manager of The Bay's Production Studio, you will develop and lead a talented team of photographers, stylists, editors, sample managers, working and collaborating closely with a team of producers. This candidate should be extremely organized, love working with people, and stay on top of the day-to-day in an ever changing world of production and creativity. This role is ideal for someone who has run a creative studio, working closely with crews, creatives and production teams to deliver great work on time and on budget.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase the diversity of our products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and manage a diverse and talented studio team, fostering growth and development for photo and video crews, stylists, sample management teams and editors
- Hands-on and onsite general management of The Bay’s newly renovated and expanded studio space, including overseeing studio maintenance and repairs, scheduling studios (5+), and working closely with the building property management team to collaborate on and build process, and work with key vendors (ie general contractors, HVAC, electrical, plumbing)
- Collaborate with producers, ensuring all productions result in a successful delivery of final assets, managing internal resources and studio scheduling
- Develop and implement studio processes such as equipment, prop and styling inventory, studio and team scheduling
- Create development plans for photographers, stylists, editors, sample managers, leading industry tech trends and implementing seamlessly into production processes
- Build a roster of best in class freelance talent across disciplines
- Maximize quality of work and efficiency of the studio, all facilitating towards the success and growth of The Bay’s creative output
- Foster a positive and community-centered studio atmosphere
- Create and track budgets, resource and manage freelancers and external vendors
- Work in heavy collaboration with studio and creative teams to execute products on time and on budget
What You Will Need:
- 7+ years of previous experience in studio management or related experience
- Remains current on industry trends and tech advances
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) with the ability to work within various dynamics
- Responds enthusiastically and acts thoroughly with a sense of urgency to multiple tasks and deadlines
- Is big-picture focused with the ability to foresee potential challenges to either avoid barriers or create solutions
- Ability to manage stress and diffuse high stake situations
- Highly competent with Google Suite, Adobe Suite
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.