Special Events Coordinator
What This Position is All About
The Special Events Coordinator will provide support for all in-store events. The role involves creating, managing and coordinating new and innovative special events.
Directly reporting to the Assistant General Managers, this position works cross-functionally with many teams across the store to drive sales.
Who You Are:
- Possess a mix of creative and strategic abilities
- Have an understanding of and passion for eventing in the retail space
- Very strong organizational and project management skills
- Puts the needs of internal and external customers first. Seeks customer information when improving products and services.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Resourceful, proactive, takes initiative
- Sees ahead clearly, is knowledgeable and has a capability for a big picture perspective.
You Also Have:
- 1-2 years experience in special events
- Fashion Background from retail industry an asset
- Knowledge of influential fashion publications, websites & blogs
- Knowledge of international designers and contemporary brands in menswear, women's wear, accessories, footwear, & beauty
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications and Adobe creative suite
- Flexibility in schedule (open to working evenings and weekends as required by the scheduled events)
As The Event Coordinator, You Will:
- Create and execute all special events at store level
- Implement Product Knowledge sessions, partnering with different selling teams in the store.
- Co-ordinate the bi-monthly communications with the fashion ambassadors
- Lead specific seasonal events/campaigns in terms of strategy, concept and creative (e.g. Holiday, Pride, Black History Month, Partnerships, Men’s Fashion Week)
- Partner with store Visual Team, corporate events and Social Media Team to ensure assets are optimized for social channels
- How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount