Project Manager, Creative Operations (20 Month Contract)
Day In The Life:
The Project Manager, Creative Operations helps to manage resource planning, scheduling, and internal processes within The Bay’s Creative Team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Creative Operations, the associate is responsible for helping the larger Creative team deliver high quality projects on time, budget and strategy.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Act as the liaison between project owners/stakeholders (Project Management, Marketing, Production) and our Creative team to project manage assigned projects from start to finish (set and lead meetings, attend and participate in briefings, etc.)
- Own and manage the project calendars, timelines and milestones in the project management tool (Wrike)
- Manage creative resource allocation amongst projects using Forecast tool and determine project prioritization
- Partner with Marketing Project Management and other internal teams to both understand the needs and forecast resources for each project coming into the Creative team
- Review and analyze project briefs to ensure appropriate detail has been provided
- Coach your direct report(s) on ways of working and help them resolve any escalated matters
- Partner with external vendors on various assignments including photography and video production, acting as liaison with meeting coordination, asset delivery, etc.
- Additional responsibilities as required
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of creative project management experience (agency or in-house client-side, bonus if it’s retail related )
- Strong project management skills and a keen attention to detail
- Strong understanding and experience with development of creative across channels, including timing involved to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work on a multitude of tasks while staying focused under pressure and prioritizing
- Resourceful, articulate and strong time management and problem solving skills
- Strong Google Suite skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Project Management or similar field
- Experience working on digital and social media related projects
- Basic knowledge of Adobe software (Indesign, Photoshop)
- Highly adaptable; willingness and keenness to “jump in” and help where required
- Ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with all levels
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to negotiate and influence others in stressful and sensitive situations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with large teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with PM software (i.e. Wrike, Forecast) an important asset
- Knowledge of web and media requirements an asset
- Project Management certification, an asset, but not required
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.