Day In The Life:
What You Will Do:
- Define a product strategy and build a clear, realistic roadmap in order to reach the desired result
- Partner closely with Engineering, UX, Marketing, Merchandising and others relevant to define and prioritize customer and business needs
- Partner with UX to conduct research
- Synthesize insights from user research, customer meetings, usage data, sales feedback, and competitive analysis to make data-driven decisions, prioritizing, and aligning with stakeholders on which improvements and new product ideas will deliver customer benefits and business growth
- Deliver detailed technology requirements for features and functionality priorities through user stories
- Partner with technology to ensure successful development and releases
- Work closely with stakeholders and development teams to ensure that projects are proceeding according to schedule and meeting functional and design specifications
- Participate in design, development, quality assurance, and UAT cycles and sign off on all development projects before website “go live” implementation
- Measure and track project performance and provide the organization with post-launch results analysis
- Additional responsibilities as required
What You Will Need:
- 3-6 years of experience in e-commerce or digital environments
- 3-6 years of experience in creating scope documents, functional business requirement specifications and use cases
- 3 or more years of experience leading user acceptance testing (UAT), usability, and A/B testing
- Proficient in Agile methodologies, scrum and related ceremonies, and an eagerness to participate in the process improvement aspects.
- Strong understanding of retail ecommerce landscape, including “best practice” features & functionality
- Proficient with Adobe Target, Excel, Google Suite, Confluence and Jira
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Medallia, and/or Google Analytics
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree
- You have technical ecommerce experience extending to architecture, engineering or technical product
- You have previous experience working in an Tech / IT organization or at a digital native company
- You are proactive and solution-oriented with a keen attention to details
- You are collaboration-oriented, ensuring relevant teams are included in process and strategy development
- You are an expert written and oral communicator, with an effective history of presenting to senior leadership and who builds strong relationships beyond immediate teams
- You sincerely enjoy problem solving and would grade your analytical skills as “expert or superior”
- You are customer journey-minded and think from multiple perspectives
- You have a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.