What This Position Is All About:
The “Building Operator / Power Engineer” reports to the Lead Operator or designate and is responsible for operational and maintenance functions within a portfolio of designated retail store facilities.
Performing a wide variety of maintenance, repair, minor alterations and service functions operates and maintains designated buildings and related equipment in a manner which produces safe, healthy, and clean building environments that satisfies customer needs and ensures building operating efficiency. The expectations of this role also include responding to major emergencies and dealing with events effectively with limited support and supervision from the local supervisor.
The goals of this role are to fulfill operational requirements such as physical plant supervision and systems management, conduct repairs as able and qualified, maximize predictive and preventative maintenance activities that will decrease the need for emergency and corrective maintenance, reduce overall maintenance costs, and increase the reliability and appearance of buildings and their associated systems.
The position will be based in the Guildford Hudson’s Bay store facility and will support other stores in the portfolio and market. There is potential for weekend and after hours work, and operators are required to be on call for emergencies.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- Independent worker / self starter with a “hands on/task oriented” focus
- A natural problem-solver, who is resourceful to meet service delivery goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer oriented with positive attitude.
- Proficient with work permit processes.
You Also Have:
- BC recognized 4th or 5th class Power Engineering certificate in good standing or equivalent refrigeration engineer level for supervision of assigned chiller and/or boiler plants
- 2 -5 years Building Operation or Stationary Engineer experience
- Valid Driver’s License (Must Have Own Vehicle)
- Previous exposure and work experience with automated systems
- Must be mechanically inclined
- “handyman” aptitude (i.e., minor to moderate building envelope and systems repairs).
- PC literate and demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office and/or G Suite applications
- Strong knowledge of work related codes and regulations
As The Building Operator, Engineer You Will:
- Supervise any assigned heating or cooling plants as required by applicable legislation and in a manner consistent with related accepted standards
- Respond to all service requests as directed by site representative via online Facility Management software, escalating major problems, either mechanical, technical or tenant relations to supervisor for assistance.
- Process work permits for third party vendors
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with company work standards
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- As required provide technical guidance, assisting and training other building operators in routine tasks
- Follow safety guidelines and actively lead in establishing safe work plans
How Often You May Travel:
- Daily as required within assigned portfolio
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
As North America’s oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best style of life. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless omni experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services and localized assortment.
At Hudson’s Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships and living a colourful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and embrace a diverse team to drive our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity, and encourage applications from everyone who is eager to make a difference. Together, we can rewrite the rules of retail.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.