Specialist, Social Media
Day In The Life:
Want to help us transform the retail industry? The ideal candidate has a strong social media strategy background, with experience in an in-house brand or agency. As Social Media Specialist, you will support and execute social media channel strategy for owned channels, designed to increase follower base, engagement and sales across social media platforms. This role will be based in Toronto and will report to the Senior Manager, Social Media.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Executing channel strategies for platforms on owned channels Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest etc, including new and emerging platforms
- Manage social media content calendar from priorities to execution, including collaboration with the content and creator teams on concepts and impactful programs
- Create and curate content, including photos, made-for-social graphics, post copy, video, UGC content, and more
- Post content on platform and measure the results of social marketing activity
- Develop channel reports with strong analysis and recommendations including weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting as required
- Inspire and educate the organization with through thought-leadership on social and digital trends
- Support event team with digital event integration and other duties as required
- Support budget tracking and invoice management
- Lead Community Management best practices for organic social media channels
- Partner with Customer Care team to develop and maintain brand voice to drive positive engagement and mitigate customer issues through the appropriate forums and process
- Partner with marketing, merchant, marketing and store teams to ensure social media execution aligns to key business priorities and opportunities
- Proactive and reactive social listening and tracking against general brand health, competitor activity and other key topics
- Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking
What You Will Need:
- 2-3 years experience in social media marketing for an agency or in-house creative team
- Proven experience in creating exceptional social media content for organic social media including Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest etc.
- Proven experience using data and metrics to measure impact and optimize plans
- Experience and understanding in working with corporate/legal to adhere to and create guidelines for social media, contest rules and regulations and contracts
- You thrive in a small team environment and play well with others
- Strong organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of multiple projects at once
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Fluency in digital and social, tech, and content trends across platforms
- Passionate about transforming retail
- Great taste and up to speed with relevant trends within the industry
- Experience with Social Media management tools such as Sprout Social, Dash Hudson, Omniture and Platform analytics an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and holidays for posting / engagement (as needed)
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used