Day In The Life:
The Assistant Buyer is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories, under the direction of the Buyer. This responsibility includes the development and successful implementation of buying strategies, merchandise programs and marketing plans.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
- Help manage vendor and brand selection, develop strong vendor relationships, monitor industry trends, evaluate competition, and attend major markets and conduct competitive shops
- Assist Buyer in developing the merchandising strategy, and assist with sales analysis in order to identify and react to trends in-season
- Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through communication with vendors, distribution center, and merchant team.
- Review and ensure vendor cost/retail/UPC submissions match the buy submission
- Negotiate and guide execution of RTV's
- Effectively manage and monitor internet process including: content accuracy, overall productivity, analyzing and reacting to business needs, and communicating with the Digital (EComm.) team
- Work closely with buyer and advertising/marketing team to manage the advertising process including: determining advertised styles, prep sheets, coordinating sample collection, managing in-stocks on ad styles, approval process and recapping
- Assist with line reviews/style outs for management
- Provide product knowledge to store associates through product seminars and quarterly guidelines, participate in store visits, and respond promptly to store visit notes
- Additional responsibilities as required
What You Will Need:
- University or college degree or commensurate retail experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a merchandise capacity, and 2 years allocation experience.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- great problem-solving skills
- possess a great analytical and creative abilities/skills
- A great understanding of value in being proactive and solution-oriented
- Possess a can-do attitude
What You Can Expect:
- A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and leave your Stripe at The Bay
- A competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
- A ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
- A living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your physical, mental, and financial wellness, including corporate gym membership rates.
- An amazing associate discount of up to 40% off top brands
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. Come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Bay complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used