Building Operator, Montreal
As North America’s oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best style of life. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless OMNI experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services, and localized assortment.
The Building Operator is responsible for a single 311,000sq ft +/- retail use facilities. A role under the direction and support of the Lead Building Operator will provide technical and operational maintenance support to the retail properties. Duties will include troubleshooting, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, regular inspections and ensuring the smooth operation of the heating and cooling systems, electrical services, plumbing system, Vertical transportation (elevators ,escalators) and the base building structure. The Building Operator has responsibility for maintenance and service work as well as general facilities care. This role is critical to ensuring uninterrupted service of all operations and maintaining a safe, comfortable working environment for all employees.
The Benefits of Working Here:
- Competitive benefits package including health and dental
- Excellent pension plan with company matching
- Vacation package supporting wellness, volunteering and life needs
- An awesome associate discount
- Access to various employee resource needs (life planning, wellness support, life coaching etc)
- Responsible for the building maintenance operations for the assigned area. Ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and buildings; includes performing routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out while responding to emergencies; oversee third party contractor maintenance and repair work associated with service agreements and on demand.
- Be available for on-call duty.
- Respond to all calls and Work Orders as requested by Store Management using online Facility Management software (Service Channel). Redirect WO’s to appropriate contractors or self-perform minor repairs.
- Coordinate major problems, with the Lead Building Operator and Regional Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with company work standards
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- Assist in assessing current and future needs of all buildings within the assigned areas through regular inspections of buildings within the assigned area
- Identify, prioritize and recommend all required new projects, equipment replacement or preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Assist in defining scope of work of both major and minor facility maintenance and repair projects, in sourcing vendors, coordination, scheduling, monitoring and completing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Approve purchase of materials, equipment and contracted services to complete repairs within approved budget levels
- Minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry, keeping all mechanical and electrical rooms clean and free of hazards
- Regularly evaluate and recommend effective allocation of resources
- Manage the daily operations with a strong commitment to customer service
Qualification and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Building Engineering System (BES) or equivalent HVAC qualification is preferred.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience in general maintenance capacity.
- Building operations, General knowledge of drywall, electrical, and plumbing experience is a plus
- Experience with HVAC plants, including steam boilers, hot water boilers and direct expansion split type cooling units
- Knowledge of building automation/building management systems and HVAC systems is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, building codes and regulations for public buildings
- Entry level knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice
At Hudson’s Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships, and living a colourful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and need a diverse team to ensure our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity, and encourage applications from everyone who is eager to make a difference in the customer’s shopping experience. Together, we can rewrite the rules of retail.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.