In-Store Marketing Manager - Kamloops
Day in the Life:
Reporting to the General Manager, the In-Store Marketing Manager is responsible for all Merchandise Presentation and In Store Marketing (ISM) initiatives for their respective merchant. The In-Store Marketing Manager is also responsible for leading the back-of-house and the store’s operations to optimize store productivity and efficiency.
What You Will Do:
- Implement and maintain a consistent fashion forward, excellent environment in the store
- Create visual impact to provide customer excitement and interest
- Actively participate in training programs/initiatives for continuous team and self-development
- Supervise and manage associates through productivity reviews and goal setting as well as continuously learn all aspects of management (recruiting, hiring, scheduling, promoting, coaching, and evaluating associates)
- Develop, communicate, and implement processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, and external partners/other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and constantly looking for opportunity for improvement
- Responsible for delivering the highest level of store fashion ability through the execution of visual presentation within the in-store marketing guidelines
- Execute marketing objectives: event set-up, shop set-up and seasonal set-up
- Placement, merchandising and maintenance of Visual Presentation elements (window, mannequins, seasonal, décor etc.)
- Transport, hang, tag, ticket, and sensor merchandise as needed
- Collaborate with front of house and back of house associates to ensure that all mark downs are executed, we are properly signed and merchandised to company standards
- Make space for merchandise as needed by moving old merchandise, changing fixtures, etc.
- Follow HBC merchandising standards and zone-o-gram integrity when stocking the merchandise onto the sales floor
- Lead Back of House Logistics operations by optimizing store productivity & efficiency
- Workload Management, Changes in Price, Store Sends (Transfers, Return to Vendors) and Dock to Floor
- Lead Store Operational Fulfillment process and procedures with support of Store Leadership
- Collaborate with business partners to drive processes and procedural efficiency
- Drive Labour Management Operational KPI's (ie Cartons Per Hours, Fulfillment etc.)
- Ensure consistent store execution to operational disciplines and strategies
- Support the implementation new stores systems/applications
- Work with Asset Protection and Loss prevention protection of stores and product
What You Will Need:
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Marketing, or a related field of study or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in merchandising and retail preferred
- Understanding of the In store Marketing function, Analytical Skills for sales and productivity
- Accountability, flexibility, and ability to prioritizing
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn corporate technology/systems quickly and thoroughly
- Knowledge with Return to Vendor, Transfers, Markdowns, Mark ups, Productivity in regard to receiving of Merchandise and placement
- Knowledge of expense management and schedule building
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle conflict appropriately in an open and positive manner
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking/time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team by forming partnerships with appropriate internal and external resources and accomplishes goals using these relationships
- A willingness to initiate change as the company grows to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and facilitate the growth of the company
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
As North America’s oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best style of life. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless omni experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services, and localized assortment.
At Hudson’s Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships, and living a colourful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and need a diverse team to ensure our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity, and encourage applications from everyone who is eager to make a difference in the customer’s shopping experience. Together, we can rewrite the rules of retail.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.