Maintenance Office Services Associate
Day In The Life:
HBC is looking for a detail-oriented, professional, and customer focused individual to become a part of our team as our Maintenance Office Services Associate. This role will perform a number of administrative, customer service, and handy man/maintenance tasks to ensure efficient operation of the office environment reporting directly into the Director, Office Services & Facilities, while also working alongside an inclusive team.
The Salary Range for this position is: $25 - $28/hr
What You Will Do:
- Perform maintenance and light repairs
- Light installation of carpentry
- Repair equipment and appliances
- Oversee 3rd party trades (electrical/carpentry/plumbing/HVAC/painters)
- Identify and report safety issues
- Lock repair / replacement
- Support the office services team (mailroom/meeting setups)
- Manage service requests in a timely manner
What You Will Need:
- Basic understanding of Electrical/Plumbing/Carpentry & HVAC
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Can perform minor carpentry tasks
- Able to perform basic troubleshooting on equipment and appliances
- Lightbulb replacement
- Basic understanding of Building Maintenance Systems
- Problem solver
- Well organized
- Proficient with basic math
- Ability to communicate across all levels
- Easily works within a group, or independently
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and more
- Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as a in-office subsidized café, wellness programs and many food options
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.