FT Asset Protection Investigator
Location: OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada
Job Opened: January 3rd, 2023
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Number: 23000004
Job Type: Full-Time
job descriptionWhat This Position is All About
As a member of the Asset Protection team you will be accountable for all aspects of loss prevention as they relate to store and corporate objectives. You will have the ability to work productively with Customer and Associate groups within the store to ensure all objectives are clearly communicated and executed. You have a proven track record of searching out operational deficiencies as they relate to Asset Protection and the ability to apply effective solutions.
Who You Are:
- Capable of generating new ideas and solutions to everyday challenges.
- Can effectively approach issues and identify opportunities from a unique perspective.
- Constantly looking for opportunity to improve the way things are done.
- You have a can-do attitude
- You have a flexible schedule, which can allow you to work evenings and weekends if need be
- Should have valid region/market specific security license.
- Only Exception - Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan license is not required.
- Awareness of retail procedures and criminal civil proceeding process is an asset
- Actively assist in the co-ordination of the timely and accurate execution of all asset protection initiatives as per Company standards
- Effectively use of store communication systems as a vehicle for asset protection initiatives
- Conduct store audits, support store policies and procedures ensuring compliance
- Detect and arrest shoplifters and complete related documentation
- Execute Asset Protection procedures to reduce shortage
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.