Day in the Life:
The Analyst, Corporate FP&A, and Treasury teams, the primary responsibility is the maintenance and improvement of the Long-Range Plan (“LRP”) financial model of the company, which is used for mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, raising equity, and allocation of capital. In addition, the analyst will assist with day-to-day FP&A and treasury operations. The candidate must have strong analytical, financial, and quantitative skills. This is a new position where the incumbent will have exposure to multiple teams where they will develop a broad acumen and take over more responsibility as they grow.
The successful candidate will be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action. They will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid-paced environment with a demonstrated aptitude towards innovation. The analyst must also possess strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills to work effectively with various internal and external stakeholders.
The Salary Range for this position is: $80-$105k
What You Will Do:
● Support and optimize the company’s five-year LRP model comprising statements of net income, balance sheet and cash flow
● Support due diligence processes related to various types of transactions
● Coordinate timely collection of LRP model inputs from various internal teams including financial planning and analysis, operations, merchandise planning, accounting, as well as external partners
● Perform various scenario analyses used to optimize the company’s weighted cost of capital, and foreign exchange, and contemplate potential mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
● Prepare accurate and insightful financial reporting for senior management enabling sound financial decisions
● Assist in managing the liquidity forecast and daily cash flows
● Identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities
● Provide regular management reports and forecast updates on expenses and balance sheets, working with the business teams to understand variances and build action plans.
● Support ongoing profit improvement initiatives
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to facilitate the annual financial planning process
● Continuous review of internal processes for continuous improvement
● Supports special/ad hoc projects as assigned
● Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration with work experience and a Finance/Accounting designation
● 2+ years of experience in a finance or accounting-related role
● Strong analytical, financial, and quantitative skills
● Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
● Ability to perform complex statistical and financial analysis of data with a decision-making and problem-solving orientation
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and oral: ability to communicate effectively with senior management and across numerous departments
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks at any given time
● A respected team player with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization
● Must have the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms
● A passion for learning, you are a highly driven and results-oriented individual
● Fine attunement to the needs of our internal customers and team members; you thrive in an agile and collaborative environment
What You Can Expect:
● A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future-forward
● A People-Focused Culture of belonging where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are embedded in everything we do
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
● A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more
● Work in our Downtown NYC headquarters, located at the highly activated Brookfield Place, with direct access to amenities such as an in-office subsidized café, wellness programs, and many food options
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations, and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.