Day in the Life:
The Asset Protection Manager is responsible for the overall inventory shortage performance and total execution of the Asset Protection Strategy for their respective store. This role will ensure that all company policies, local, provincial and federal laws are adhered to in the execution of internal and external theft investigations or inquiries. You will be working collaboratively with Customer and Associate groups within the store to ensure all objectives are clearly communicated and executed.
What You Will Do:
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to drive Asset Protection Excellence through comprehensive shortage strategies and investigative initiatives
- Consistently communicate with Store Leadership, Managers and Associates to drive awareness of inventory shortage results, shortage concerns and strategy initiatives
- Provide final oversight of audit execution and internal audit readiness
- Work with sales support to assure shortage control processes are followed
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures to store population
- Ensure Asset Protection Administrative standards are met
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalency required along with a valid provincial security license
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years of retail Asset Protection Experience with 2+ years of managing direct reports
- Proven track record of identifying shortage exposures and creative strategies to overcome them
- Track record of meeting statistical and financial goals
- Knowledge of provincial and federal laws
- Strong aptitude and knowledge of retail security systems, information systems and productivity software
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interview Certification ideal
- Comfortable with physical work where standing and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs may be required
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About Hudson’s Bay:
As North America’s oldest retailer, Hudson's Bay is the top destination for Canadians to realize their best style of life. Our goal, as One Team, is to deliver a frictionless omni experience where stores anchor the customer journey with surprising discoveries, desired services, and localized assortment.
At Hudson’s Bay, we share a passion for innovation, building meaningful relationships, and living a colourful life. We empower our associates to unlock their full potential by giving them opportunities to grow and learn every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact, we want you on our team.
We are a retailer that caters to all Canadians and need a diverse team to ensure our continued success. We strongly believe in the power of diversity, and encourage applications from everyone who is eager to make a difference in the customer’s shopping experience. Together, we can rewrite the rules of retail.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions, Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.