Day in the Life:
The Building Operator will function under the direction and support of the Lead Building Operator. The successfully selected incumbent to provide technical and operational maintenance support to a portfolio of stores, and will be based out of the Chinook Centre (6455 Macleod Trail Southwest Calgary, AB T2H 0L1) Hudson's Bay store.
Duties will include troubleshooting, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, regular inspections and ensuring the smooth operation of the heating and cooling systems. The Building Operator has responsibility for maintenance and service work as well as general facilities care. This role is critical to ensuring uninterrupted service of all operations and in maintaining a safe, comfortable working environment for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the building maintenance operations for the assigned area. Ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems, equipment and buildings; includes performing routine equipment maintenance tasks and keep maintenance records
- Ensure the safety of the buildings, staff and public from fire, flood and other hazards by ensuring that all mandated tests and inspections are carried out while responding to emergencies; oversee third party contractor maintenance and repair work associated with service agreements and on demand.
- Be available for on-call duty to respond to emergency situations 24 hours a day
- Respond to all calls as directed by site representative via online Facility Management software. Coordinate major problems, either mechanical, technical or tenant with Management.
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with company work standards
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- Assist in assessing current and future needs of all buildings within the assigned areas through regular inspections of buildings within the assigned area
- Identify, prioritize and recommend all required new projects, equipment replacement or preventative maintenance work on a proactive basis, to ensure uninterrupted service
- Assist in defining scope of work of both major and minor facility maintenance and repair projects, in sourcing vendors, co-ordination, scheduling, monitoring and completing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Approve purchase of materials, equipment and contracted services to complete repairs within approved budget levels
- Minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry, keeping all mechanical and electrical rooms clean and free of hazards
- Regularly evaluate and recommend effective allocation of resources
- Manage the daily operations with a strong commitment to customer service
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in general maintenance capacity
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Drivers License and vehicle
- AB 4th Class Power Engineering or equivalent
- Building operations, General knowledge of drywall, electrical, and plumbing experience is preferred
- Experience with/in boiler and chiller plants is required
- Knowledge of building automation/building management systems and HVAC systems is preferred
- Entry level knowledge of building operation, structure, engineering system, architectural features, equipment function, building codes and regulations for public buildings
- Entry level knowledge of generally accepted facilities management principles and practice preferred
- PC literate, demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
- Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.