Lead a Brilliant Career.
Bring your authentic self to work every day, and help our customers express themselves, style their home, and live their life in a way that reflects who they truly are.
As a brand, we celebrate the differences that make each and every one of us unique because we believe that people shouldn't fit archetypes.
So why should your career be anything less than extraordinary?
What to expect:
The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will have responsibility for the forecast and budget process, monthly performance reporting, and decision support for Hudson’s Bay stores and Supply Chain and Logistics. This role requires interaction with senior level executives within the company including the executive leadership team. A successful candidate will be a key part of the Hudson’s Bay Finance team, supporting business partners by providing insightful analysis and updates to operational and strategic models.
What you will do:
· Drive the variance analysis process for the store, supply chain, and logistics expenses, providing comprehensive explanations of differences, callouts on key performance metrics, and value-added insight to ensure achievement of financial and productivity targets.
· Develop the annual budget and monthly forecasts for store, supply chain, and logistics expenses; ensuring information is accurate, completed on time, and reflective of changes within the business.
· Support the month-end close process to ensure accurate financial statements.
· Lead meetings with business partners to review periodic expense updates with the goal of understanding actual vs. budget performance and risk/opportunities to the budget.
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
What you will bring to the team:
· 10 years + of relevant work experience in a Financial Planning capacity with a large company with a strong work ethic.
· Exceptional communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
· Experience working with senior executives providing strong expertise combined with strategic thinking
· Strong leadership skills with a mindset to develop a team and drive results.
· Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects while consistently meeting deadlines.
· Results-driven, reliable, and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent technical skills; experience with an ERP system and Microsoft Excel. Experience with Oracle and Hyperion Planning is an asset.
· Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
● Benefits package inclusive of parental leave top-up, retirement savings, “Living Well” Program, and more
● A generous Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands
● Work-life balance through a hybrid work model and flexible paid-time-off
The Fabric of Hudson’s Bay
Hudson's Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivaled assortment of products and categories including fashion, home, beauty, food concepts, and more. Hudson's Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America's oldest company. Hudson’s Bay helps Canadians live their best style of life by operating thebay.com featuring Marketplace, one of the largest premium life & style digital platforms in Canada, with a seamless connection to a network of Hudson’s Bay stores from coast to coast.
At Hudson’s Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We strive everyday to provide our customers with an experience they will value with our products, services and dedication towards adapting to the ever changing environment of retail.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.