Location: SCARBOROUGH, Ontario, Canada
Category: The Bay Supply Chain & Logistics
Job Opened: April 18th, 2023
Education: Technical Diploma
Job Number: 230001C5
Job Type: Full-Time w/o Benefits
What This Position is All About
The overall purpose of this position is to protect company assets by controlling the physical security of the building and perform duties providing store support to reduce shortage.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively responsible and dutiful
- You know how to show discretion, and can easily deal with private and highly sensitive matters
- Your schedule is quite flexible, allowing for some holiday coverage and OT as required
- You are physically capable to lift up to 30 lbs (repetitively)
You also have:
- Minimum 1 year in a similar position is an asset but not necessary
- Basic computer skills (email, data entry)
- Must have valid Ontario security license
- Must be available to work full time, days, afternoons, weekends and overnights
As the Asset Protection Investigator, you will:
- Assist the department in identifying shortage
- Operate Asset Protection systems (CCTV, Burglar / Fire Alarms, etc.)
- Receive / direct phone calls and greet / log visitors
- Completion of daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Communicate verbally and in writing with stores on various issues
- Utilize multiple Asset Protection Databases
- Perform associate package and identification checks
- Distribute EAS tags and AP equipment for branch locations
- Communicate in writing and/or verbally issues of note to appropriate parties
- Issue keys, equipment and permits to associates
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.